Saturday, September 6, 2008

Our first bundle of joy is almost here

So, my wife and I have been expecting our first child, and she was due on Thursday. So she's about 2 days over now, and we're getting tired of waiting! But we're very excited all the same. We've had a few 'she's coming, oh, wait she's not' moments, the last one early friday morning where we ended up in the hospital, only to be sent home again because all the signs stopped.

We've had a nice relaxed day and a half so far with little to no indications that she'd like to enter this world (her lateness makes it seem like she's taking after her dad in that regard).. but it's such a honour(read: Crazy scary and awesomely joyous) to think that I'll be responsible for this little person. To shape her and mould her into a well-adjusted woman one day. I'm very grateful that Dad's been taking us on this journey (well that I've realised that I'm on the journey..) - because I can't wait to share it with her!

We've decided to name her 'Emi'. It means 'smile' in Japanese (well that's what the baby book said.. ). I know that she's going to be a joy to us. We just wish she'd hurry up and arrive already..

No comments: